In some Not-Sure-How-I-Managed-That news, No Genre is going to be featured on a Breakthru Radio program called Anatomy of a Blogger this Thursday (8/05/10). I’m incredibly humbled by and immensely thankful for this awesome opportunity. While I’m pretty nervous about putting together a good playlist, you should gird yourself for some bold choices. As Roger Sterling advised last night, I’m going to turn this from a convelescent home into a Roman orgy (of music, featuring everyone from Pere Ubu to How to Dress Well).
All of this is to say, too, that you should probably be familiar with the great work that they do over at Breakthru Radio. Very nice people doing very good things with music. Pay them a visit if you haven’t before.
UPDATE: The show is currently streaming on Breakthru Radio’s right now. The experience was actually fun, athough I sound horrendously nervous in my interview. Here is the tracklist of the mix:
- Galaxie 500 “Strange”
- Pere Ubu “Ubu Dance Party”
- The Raincoats “No Side to Fall In”
- Neko Case “Train from Kansas City (Live)”
- Phosphorescent “The Mermaid Parade”
- The Smiths “Hand in Glove”
- Jens Lekman “The Wrong Hands”
- Dirty Projectors “Temecula Sunrise”
- Animal Collective “Derek”
- Destroyer “Rivers”
- Wolf Parade “Killing Armies”
- Frog Eyes “Bushels”
A heartfelt thank you goes out to DJ Thompson Davis for taking the time to feature No Genre in such a cool venue.